Policy and Requirements
- Spay/Neuter - All dogs participating in group activities must be neutered or spayed if over eight months.
- Current Vaccinations
- Dogs: Rabies Certificate, Distemper/parvo combo (commonly referred to as DHPPL or DAPPL), Bordatella/kennel cough, Canine Influenza, and negative fecal within the last 12 months. PA State Law requires us to keep a copy of your Rabies Certificate on file. Please bring a copy for our records. We also highly recommend the Lyme and Leptospirosis vaccinations.
- Cats: Rabies Certificate and FVRCP (Feline Distemper);PA State Law requires us to keep a copy of your Rabies Certificate on file. Please bring a copy for our records. We also recommend the feline leukemia vaccination.
- Dog License - Pennsylvania requires that all dogs are licensed in the county they live in. These can be picked up at your local SPCA, applications are available on the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website, or you can apply online at www.padoglicense.com. We can also apply for one for you, while your pet is boarding, for an additional fee. Please note: We are periodically inspected by the PA Department of Agriculture and any dog without a PA dog license will receive a $300 fine.
- Veterinary Services –if we notice any pet exhibiting abnormal medical symptoms, all efforts will be made to contact the owner on file directly. If we cannot reach you or your emergency contact, our veterinarian on site will treat your animal appropriately at owner expense. If for any reason on-site care is unavailable or further care is necessary sick pets will be transported to a neighboring veterinary facility.
- Diet - We recommend keeping your pet on their familiar diet from home and require that you individually bag each meal if staying less that 10 days. If you prefer to not bring your own food we feed our boarding dogs*NutriSource® Adult Chicken & Rice.
- Medication – For safety please bring medications in original prescription bottles. Fees apply for administration.
- Belongings - Please clearly label ALL belongings with your pets’ name, and remember that toys are often taken out to yards to play and we make no guarantee toys will be returned or in their original condition. For safety and sanitary reasons we do not accept soft toys from home.
- Bedding – All dogs are provided a fleece blanket for sleeping. For safety and sanitary reasons we do not accept bedding from home.
- Group Play – Many dogs benefit from additional play time, but tolerance can change over time. Applebrook Inn reserves the right to adjust your pet from group play to individual activity time if your dog is uncomfortable with current play groups.
- Check-Out Time – Check-out time is by 12 noon unless your dog is receiving a hair cut. Pickup after 12 noon will be charged an additional full night.
- Health Guarantee – This new policy addresses those minor issues related to boarding that occasionally arise either during your stay or immediately after departure. If your dog develops upper respiratory symptoms or an upset stomach and you notify us within 7 days, we treat these issues at no cost to you at our facility. Please see our complete policy HERE for more details.
- Deposit and Cancellation Policy – We require a $75 deposit to hold all boarding reservations, available either through our pet portal or by calling our office at (610)692-7178. Please note your reservation is not confirmed until we receive your deposit. We ask for 48 hour notice of cancellation before scheduled day of check-in, otherwise all deposit will be forfeited. Your credit card information is held securely with us. It is only kept in our billing system in the event that a reservation is cancelled within 48 hours, or with your permission to apply charges.
- Current Vaccinations - Rabies Certificate, Distemper/parvo combo (commonly referred to as DHPPL or DAPPL), Bordatella/kennel cough, and negative fecal within the last 12 months. PA State Law requires us to keep a copy of your Rabies Certificate on file. Please bring a copy for our records. We also highly recommend Canine Influenza, Lyme, and Leptospirosis vaccinations.
- Drop-off and Pick-up - Our drop off hours for grooming are Monday-Friday 7:30am - 8am and Saturday 9-9:30am. We will call or text you when your pet is ready for pickup.
- Shedding or matted dogs – our basic bathing price includes 15 minutes of brushing, which sometimes just isn’t enough. If your dog requires additional time or clipping of matted areas extra fees may apply (see grooming page). If you dog is matted, we will contact you before shaving your pet to discuss options.
- Aggressive dogs – if your dog exhibits aggression during grooming,all efforts will be made to contact the owner on file directly to discuss rescheduling your appointment or providing anti-anxiety medication under veterinary supervision. If you are concerned about your pet’s behavior, please discuss medication with our veterinary team prior to arrival.