Policy and Requirements
- Spay/Neuter - All dogs participating in group activities must be neutered or spayed if over eight months.
- Current Vaccinations
- Dogs: Rabies Certificate, Distemper/parvo combo (commonly referred to as DHPPL or DAPPL), Bordatella/kennel cough, and negative fecal within the last 12 months. PA State Law requires us to keep a copy of your Rabies Certificate on file. Please bring a copy for our records. We also highly recommend Canine Influenza Vaccine and the leptospirosis vaccination (often included in distemper combo)
- Cats: Rabies Certificate;PA State Law requires us to keep a copy of your Rabies Certificate on file. Please bring a copy for our records.We also recommend distemper, and feline leukemia vaccinations.
- Dog License - Pennsylvania requires that all dogs are licensed in the county they live in. These can be picked up at your local SPCA, applications are available on the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website, or you can apply online at www.padoglicense.com. We can also apply for one for you, while your pet is boarding, for an additional fee.
- Veterinary Services –if we notice any pet exhibiting abnormal medical symptoms, all efforts will be made to contact the owner on file directly. If we cannot reach you or your emergency contact, our veterinarian on site will treat your animal appropriately at owner expense, except as covered by our Pet Shield Insurance. If for any reason on-site care is unavailable or further care is necessary sick pets will be transported to a neighboring veterinary facility.
- Diet - We recommend keeping your pet on their familiar diet from home and require that you individually bag each meal. If you prefer to not bring your own food we feed our boarding dogs*NutriSource® Adult Chicken & Rice food in both dry and wet formulas.
- Medication – Please label all medication. Fees apply for administration regardless of whether in food bags or separate, as our staff has a responsibility to make sure your pet receives it.
- Belongings - Please clearly label ALL belongings with your pets’ name, and remember that toys are often taken out to yards to play and we make no guarantee toys will be returned or in their original condition.
- Bedding – All dogs are provided a fleece blanket for sleeping. Any bedding brought from home must fit in astandard size washing machine and have a maximum thickness of 1”.
- Group Play – Many dogs benefit from additional play time, but tolerance can change over time. Applebrook Inn reserves the right to adjust your pet from group play to individual activity time if your dog is uncomfortable with current play groups.
- Afternoon fee – Check-out time is by 12 noon, otherwise an $18 half day fee is applied. This fee is waived if your pet is receiving a bath or full grooming on their departure day.
- Pet Shield Insurance – For each visit, Applebrook Inn charges a $6 fee per dog to help cover any unexpected illness acquired during your dog’s boarding stay if notified within 7 days past boarding. Please see our complete Pet Shield Insurance Policy HERE for more details.
- Deposit and Cancellation Policy – We require a $75 deposit to hold all boarding reservations, available either through our pet portal or by calling our office at (610)692-7178. Please note your reservation is not confirmed until we receive your deposit. We ask for 48 hour notice of cancellation before check-in, otherwise all deposit will be forfeited. Your credit card information is held securely with us. It is only kept in our billing system in the event that a reservation is cancelled within 48 hours, or with your permission to apply charges.
- Current Vaccinations - Rabies Certificate, Distemper/parvo combo (commonly referred to as DHPPL or DAPPL), Bordatella/kennel cough, and negative fecal within the last 12 months. PA State Law requires us to keep a copy of your Rabies Certificate on file. Please bring a copy for our records. We also highly recommend Canine Influenza Vaccine and the leptospirosis vaccination (often included in distemper combo)
- Drop-off and Pick-up - Our drop off hours for grooming are Monday-Friday 7:30am - 9:30am and Saturday 9-10am. We will call you when your pet is ready for pickup.
- Shedding or matted dogs – our basic bathing price includes 15 minutes of brushing, which sometimes just isn’t enough. If your dog requires additional time or clipping of matted areas extra fees may apply (see grooming page). If you dog is matted, we will contact you before shaving your pet to discuss options.
- Aggressive dogs – if your dog exhibits aggression during grooming,all efforts will be made to contact the owner on file directly to discuss rescheduling your appointment or providing anti-anxiety medication under veterinary supervision. If you are concerned about your pet’s behavior, please discuss medication with our veterinary team prior to arrival.